Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Tips/suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJKAOS

Technical User
Jun 30, 2000
US
I want to put our database on the companies server.
one workgroup needs to be able to enter new data and view data..the other workgroups only should be allowed to view the database. Does access allow you to restrict certain people from opening certain forms and doing certain things?
also No one exept me should be able to go into design view of forms or do anything to change the database exept for entering data. I used to have a MDE file that sorta worked, but now It wont make MDE's anymore..I think I have some VB code or something it cant convert I'm not sure.

Look at the FAQ's on this newgroup pertaining to implementin security and then do it. You can control what you want using Access Security. But beforte you start, backup your database as well as your unsecure mdw file...just in case you blow the process badly. Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back