Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Restrictions with IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

craizie11

MIS
Mar 18, 2004
US
I know in IIS directory security you can allow and disallow computers depending on their IP address.
Is there a method in IIS where i can allow certain IP address to have access to a website, while users who don't fall under the allowed IP range to have to go through an windows authentication procedure?

Thanks.

If one person have to authenicate i would make them all, if the IP gets spoofed then unwanted people could access your site. Just tick the remember password box. Also what your asking i dont think is possible people either get granted access with a deny list or Denied access with granted list.

Thanks for the help. Actually what i did instead was create a script that checks the ip address of the user's computer and if it is a trusted IP Address then we redirect them to the proper page. If it's an unaccepted IP Address, then redirect the user to a logon page.

Faithless is correct. It's to easy now for an ip address to get spoofed. Your leaving yourself wide open for a hacker. You might think twice about what you've done. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back