Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBurcie

Technical User
Sep 10, 2004
US
I am trying to generate some reports in crystal to summarize the security in GP 7.5. I have found the User master table (SY02000) that tells you the resid of the windows and a few other tables for company access and classes, but I have not found any table that actually lists the window name that goes with these resid's. We have a spreadsheet that was put together before me that lists resid's and window names, but that was done manually (one window at a time in Sdvanced Security), and I would like to be able to access this info on the fly, as some things may have changed since the spreadsheet was done.

Is there a table I can find that lists this information?

Thanks

Bruce

Why don't you use Advanced Security to either generate the reports for you. Or export the settings.

When you export, it creates an XML file which can be used to look at the security settings of the user, BUT also lists all the windows with their Resource IDs and their Names.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Advanced Security
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back