Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security problem on 97 to 2000 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmits1975

Technical User
Mar 4, 2005
BE
Hi there,

I have an MS Access 97 db which is secured with an .mdw workgroup file. I want to convert it to MS Access 2000. In order to get this done, I have installed Access 97 and Access 2000 side by side, and then I changed the reference to the MS Access executable in the shortcut from the Access 97 executable to the Access 2000 executable. But I get an error message, saying that:
I do not have the rights with my account to convert this database: I should join the workgroup, I should have Open/run and Open/Exclusive permissions for the database object, I should have Modify Design or Administer Permissions for all tables or be the owner of all tables, I should have read design permissions for all objects and all other users should have left the db.
I made sure all these conditions were met, yet still I get this error message! Does anyone know what might be going on her? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back