Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security message opening Hyperlinks in MSAccess 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdlaugh1

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
US
Hello,

I've seen some posts about this subject, but seem to talk about submitting email, etc. We are simply trying to open an image file on a network drive (may be a tif or pdf file).

Both errors below occur before the hyperlink will open the image on a network drive. Is there a setting in Access 2003 or something in IE 6.0 that can be set so the user does not get errors when opening hyperlinked files.

"Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer click only hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to continue."

"Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that this is from a trustworthy source. Would you like to open this file."

thanks!

Not sure if this will work, but you could try in your vba code -
docmd.SetWarnings = false

If an error number is included, add some error handling to your code.

Randy

I've just had the same problem. I tried Dinger2121's method but the warning message still appeared. No error number appears, just the mesage.
I would appreciate anyone else's thoughts.
Best Regards
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back