Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security issues in SSRS 2008 R2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katekis

MIS
Feb 12, 2009
US
I am having some issues with securing my SQL Server Reporting Services. I are using SQL Server 2008 R2 and Report Builder 3.0. I are using the Native Mode. In the rsreportserver.config I am using <RSWindowsNTLM/>.

The SSRS Service runs as Domain\mssql123.

I am the DBA and my login is Domain\xxk but when I create a folder the modified by says ‘Domain\mssql123? When I click on My Reports it does not show my Domain\xxk reports. In order to get to my reports I need to click on User Folders and find my folder.

When I create reports using Report Builder the reports say they created by Domain\xxk. I am able to save reports in My Reports (Domain\xxk ) using report Builder. The problem is not just me, when anyone creates a folder it says Domain\mssql123. Everyone has to all the reports on SSRS. The roles created in Site Settings do not restrict anyone from going into SSRS. Everyone seems to have access to everything even though their domain login in the Site Settings says they do not have access.

For example Domain\xxy is setup in Site Settings as System User, the System User is setup to only task “Execute Report Definitions”. Under the Home Folder Settings, Domain\xxy is setup in only the Browser Role. The Browser role only has access to….
- View Reports
- View folders
- View models
- View Resources
- Manage Individual Subscriptions

But still the Domain\xxy can use do anything just like the System Administrator?

This problem started when I moved my Reporting Services Database from SQL Server 2005 SP4 to SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back