Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Issue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomes1

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
I have a user who will probably be going bye bye soon,,and I was wondering if there is any way to allow someone access to files buy deny or remove that users ability to copy those files? I've already diasabled his CDRW and USB Ports etc and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to explain that one,,,it would be easier if he just was not able to copy although I do understand he would still be able to cut and paste into a new document lets say, this is also a concern,,,any thoughts??

it's difficult, he can upload to some websites and then download it from home

Disable his login and get rid of them. There is no way to allow a person to work normally and not be able to use the files at the same time.

I would suggest getting a good backup off site if you are worried about him/her destroying things.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!

I dont know why I was looking at the dates wrong. Thinking it was september or something.

sorry

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back