Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Issue with WorkFlow 7.7 variants

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEmacGuy

Instructor
Sep 1, 2004
US
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced following issue with the security in Work Flow Explorer.

A user's rights are the lesser of their own rights or the group that they are assigned to. If you add a user dirrectly to a group, then as an individual they are assigned no rights, and have no rights in Work Flow.

I have a work around for the moment, I copy Supervisor to the User first, then join them to said group.

Was just wondering if this is a fluke, or a new feature ?

Progression Workflow Explorer for MSSQL.

If you add a new user to a group? Or take and existing user with existing rights and add it to the group?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

When adding a new user, if you dirrectly add them to an existing group, progression explorer is as expected, but workflow said user can log in but that is it. Remove them from the group, and you only have the file menu option no other menus on that user.
We also had one user, that did not have GL as an individual, that we added to the accounting Group witch did have GL. Worked fine in Progression but no GL in Workflow.
Was just wondering was it us only ?

DGillz,
Sorry about raising old issues. But when you log in with PWE which group does your user show up under. The group name or the user name ?

I will dig into it a little deeper, as now have been to two different accounts and seen say issue. Both accounts have had Macola from at least version 6, both using SQL 2000 as their backend.
Just noticed this time that the user was a member of a group called sales, but in PWE the group name was the Username (lower right corner when you first logged in). The rights the user had were what said user would have if they were not in a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back