Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security: How to excute DB access with out using ACCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadjib

Programmer
May 14, 2003
CA
Hi everybody, There is somebody to show me how to record my dB ACCESS, so that I can present it with a PC which does not have access installed. In fact, I will not want that the others know that my DB is made with ACCESS. Thanks for assistance nadjib

You can write a program in VB that uses an Access databases for storage then compile to an executable, but this is a bit of a long shot.

If your PC doesn't have access or the Access runtime installed, then you can't really make an Access application and disguise it so it doesn't look like Access (perfectly possible though).

John

Hi John

So How can I excute My DATA BASE (designed by ACCESS) Without having to started ACCESS (supposing that ACCESS is installed in my computer).

I just want to use my DB like an executable file.

Thanks fo assistance

nadjib

An access database cannot be accessed (sorry) without a copy of MS Access if you get what I mean.
The ways of allowing people to run it are:
1) Have a copy of MS Access installed on the computer
2) Have a copy of the MS Access Runtime installed on the computer. This is a special version of Access which doesn't allow editing of forms/reports/VBA/macros supplied with MS Office Developer edition.
3) Create an application using Visual Basic that uses an access database to store its data. This is the only way that Access databases can be used without explicitly installing Access on it. The Visual Basic runtime will install data access controls and routines to allow it to read and write Access files.

It is not possible to turn an Access MDB or MDE database into a directly executable file.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back