Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

security.dll error, printer problem and trend micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovoian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2001
US
Hello All,

I hope someone can help me, the 1 internet site i find with this matching error , is in german or something... haha its issue number 3

basically i have aclient who uses XP all updates and office 2000 pro...

3 things have been happening ... in the past few weeks..

1. an HP 2100 laser ( which is installed) keeps coming up upon reboot with a found new hardware, then fails to install... but the printer is already installed.. and working..

2. Trend micro PC CIllin 2003.. build 10.04..
can not update.. says there is no internet connection or check proxy settings... though this system connects thru a sonicwall router.. i have reinstalled PC CIllin already.. same issue and the internet setign are good.. and IE works jsut fine..

3. this may relate to issue 2, but outlook 2000 using a pop mail server.. and PC Cillin for email inbound scanning.. receives email in.. but when you send, she gets the error MAPI32.dll error security.dll is not a valid windows image...

microsoft has nothing on this security.dll error and go ahead and search google for security.dll is not a valid windows image and you will see the german site

thx for any ideas, besides a reinstall.. this install is only 2 months old..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back