Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security constants - can't find a list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdcore

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
I'm creating a "secure" database using the .mdw file and user/group permissions. I have a switchboard form with about 8 buttons that open up the various data entry forms in the database. What I need to do is upon loading the switchboard form, test the permissions that the CurrentUser has to each data entry form and disable any buttons for which the user has no access. The problem I am running into is that I can't find any comprehensive list of the different security constants available. I have been able to glean a few from various code samples on the net, but not even in the VBA help can I find this list. These constants will be compared against the AllPermissions property but my help file has no information on this property. I even tried reinstalling the help files for access but no luck. Does anyone know where I can get a list of these security constants? A few of them (for reference) are:

dbSecFullAccess
dbSecReadDef

The ones I am really interested in are those which can test whether I have "open/execute" permission on a form, and "Update" permission on a table, but eventually I will need all that are available. Thanks in advance!

Check the object browser instead - I found the full list of permissions in the DAO object library, in the PermissionEnum class.

HTH

Greg

Boss quote from an office meeting: We're going to continue to have these meetings until we figure out why no work is getting done ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back