Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmar49

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
US
I have just installed OWA for Exchange 2000 server, I have installed Certificate Services and created a new certificate but when I go into the virtual directory, Directory Security, the Server Certificate button is grayed out and it is looking at an old certificate that does not exist anymore, anyone know why or how to fix this, I am not sure how to proceed from here. I have looked on the Microsoft Site and of course could find nothing that applies to this situation, anyone have any ideas of what to try? TIA marmar49

Try looking at the top level of the server not the virtual directories..

On iis...click on website advanced not sure on exchange

Thanks, I tried that and I seem to have everything in place, but now when I go to the URL: https:\\mycomputer\exchange, I get a page cannot be displayed, I have double checked everything and compared it to the old server I replaced and everything is identical, I am in the mud, cannot get out, HELP!! TIA marmar49

OK, I had to remove the existing certificate, re-issue a new certificate, install it and now everything works fine, what a pain, but now its up, thanks for tip TRACEYMARYLAND, that was definately the first step, marmar49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back