Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security Alert when accessing OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2008
US
Hello, I'm sure this is simple enough but I have a few users who cannot stand the Security Alerty they receive when they access the Outlook Web Access Page. The specific error they get tells them that the security cert was issued by a company that hasn't been chosen to trust.I thought that by clicking on View Cert and then installing it would make the alert go away. However, it keeps popping up. How can I get rid of this alert permanently.

No. You have to install the public certificate of the issuing Certificate Authority into the "Trusted Root Certfication Authorities" container on the client machine. You will need to export it and email it to them, or place it a public location for pickup, such as PKI.yourdomain.tld.

The better method is to get a certificate from a widely trusted root CA, as suggested by Zelandakh. You should be able to acquire one for between $100-200. I've used GeoTrust and Network Solutions for certificates, although the latter tends to be more expensive and their issuance requirements are higher.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

You don't need to export it, they can manually install it in IE by clicking on the cert and then choosing physical stores to achieve same objective. On every single machine.

For a cert without SAN, GoDaddy charges $20. SAN certs are more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back