Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

securing a modem to modem connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindylee

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
CA
Hi - I have an information gathering device with a modem attached that is at a remote location. This modem periodically dials into a second modem at another location to download it's info. Either end can initiate this connection. This is an automatic process, triggered by random events. My question - is there a way to secure this dialup connection? Is there a way to ensure that these 2 telephone numbers (modems) are the only ones that are allowed to connect to each other?
I've posted this in the Data Transmission/REMOTE ACCESS ISSUES forum also.

Please don't create duplicate threads, makes it more difficult to troubleshoot when you are getting different suggestions, and often you give information in one thread and not another, such as the fact that these are USR modems. I'll respond in the other thread.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back