Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SecurID Setup - Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmarsh47

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2007
GB
First, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.
I have been tasked with implmenting RSA SecurID for our VPN users but I am struggling with setting it up. Let me explain our setup. We have a Cisco PIX 501 firewall setup to handle VPN into our network. We are currently running a NT 4 domain (I know) and we want to use the SecurID tokens as an extra security measure for our VPN users.
Now, as I understand it we have to setup RSA Authentication Manager and RSA RADIUS server (am i right that the RADIUS is for the VPN?). I have installed Auth Manager 6.1 and imported the token seeds, and now need to setup the users.
Question 1 - The manual states I can extract the SAM database for the domain using DumpSamUsers.exe, but I cannot find this program. Where is it? I have manually created a user but really want the extract from the domain.
I now need to setup RADIUS but I am clueless after the install.
Question 2 - What do I need to configure in RADIUS?
Question 3 - Is there any way to test the setup aside from reconfiguring the PIX until necessary?

I'm asking a lot of stuff here I know, but I've been tasked with getting this done ASAP and could use all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back