Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SecuRemote NG FP3 and XP/Novell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpuppy

MIS
Oct 8, 2002
US
I am running SecuRemote on my laptop. The OS is XP and I also have the Novell Client on my machine. When I am at the office, I get errors logging into Novell. When I uninstall the client, the problems go away. Are there issues with Novell and SecuRemote?

I have the same problem, which I haven't been able to solve, but I have some more details. In my case the issue also occurs with a Win2K Pro OS. I find that, in the office, contextless login doesn't work and I can't map drives to Netware 6 servers, although I can to Netware 5.1 servers. If I wait for about five minutes after being on the network and try a Netware login from the systray N tool, I do get contextless login and I can map drives on NW 6 servers. I'm guessing the NW client is trying some method to locate the eDirectory tree that is not functional--it then times out and uses DNS or some other method that finally works. Have you discovered anything else that might help resolve the problem?

We used to run the Novell client on all of our PCs. With the addition of a Ckeckpoint firewall, the PCs now have SecuRemote on them. No matter what version of SecuRemote or Novell client we used, there were always problems, particularly when accessing the Novell servers, Microsoft SQL servers, and logging in to a VSS database. We discovered that this is a Novell client issue; for more info, read more about the latest Novell client and all the subsequent updates...many of them deal with firewalls. For a sure fix, uninstall the Novell Client, and install the Microsoft client for Novell. Novell drive mappings can be taken care of via server side login scripts. Hope this helps.

We had to set the cp client to "connection", then manually connect when not on Novell network. If you're trying to login into both clients, we've had no success there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back