Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secured access to R5 Domino Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortan

Programmer
Jul 13, 2002
CZ
Hi,
I am trying to find out, if there is any way how to make a secured connection to R5 Domino server. Now, we are using SSH connection from Windows client station (using Putty utility) to the linux server where Domino server runs.
In this case, there is a need to have all the users accounts on the linux server. This is what I don't want.

So does anyone know, if it is possible to make a secure connecton directly to R5 Domino Server (default port 1352)??

Thanks for info
Mortan

This is what I will do:
1)Build a group to include those names needed to access server
2)Set in server doc to include the group name as " Allow access".

I don't quite understand if you don't have user info(at lease names) on server, how could the server know the user for security? nothing is as secure as ID authentication, is it?
----------------------------------------
Power up your Notes/Domino if you know how to use it!
Q1: what is power?
Q2: what is up?
Q3: what is Notes/Domino? *&%$#@

Thanks for answer, but I meant this:

If I want to connect remotely to my Domino server over internet, there is (I think) no encryption. So if I open on my firewall port 1352 for forwarding all packets to my Domino server on the same port, is it save? Isn't it a potentional hole in system security?

Thanks
Mortan

Oh, I think you should go to File->preference->User Preferences->Port, select"Encrypt port", that will do the work. ----------------------------------------
Power up your Notes/Domino if you know how to use it!
Q1: what is power?
Q2: what is up?
Q3: what is Notes/Domino? *&%$#@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back