Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secureclient minor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegTellis

MIS
Jul 10, 2006
US

Hello all. It has been a while since I was last out here. I am having a minor problem with my secureclient feature. I am running Checkpoint NGX on a Nokia IP260 appliance and everything is fine with the exception of when I connect with my secureclient. My client always fails to get the policy update but the connection succeeds. I should also say that this failure to get the policy update does not hinder my ability to access network resources in any way at all. I am just wondering does anyone out here have an history with this same issue, particularly as it relates to a Nokia appliance because I have heard rumblings that it may be tied to that somehow. Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RT

We had a similiar issue, one group of clients had no issue and another had the same issue as you. It turned out that the group of users that was having the issue didn't have access to the policy server. Check out your access, confirm whether or not you have access to the policy server via the secure client, use the security policy and the tracker to confirm this.

Thanks for getting back to me, but you have lost me there. How do I verify that my groups have access to the policy server? Did I miss something in my setup/config for it?

They'd be defined in your security rules, on the mgmt server. If you use your tracker and monitor your connection you should see it being dropped.

What would my rule need to look like to allow my policy server updates? I looked through the logs and I do not see any drops or denials when I come in through the secure client. It just fails to update the policy, but it does not keep me from accessing any network resources at all.

Do you have access to the same network as the Policy server? or access to the policy server.

Huh? My management server and policy server are on the same appliance box, so yes, I have access to the same network as the policy server. Once I have coonected with the secure client, I can ping anything I want by I.P. or dns name, connect to email, map drives, run scripts, manage my domain via active directory, whatever I want to do that I normally would do in the office. For some reason, my policy update just fails on log in. The secure client log says that it timed out while waiting for the policy server, almost as if the policy server itself is not running...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back