Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure? Have floppy, will travel... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alt255

Programmer
May 14, 1999
US
I have the company's secrets. I don't need to carry them out the door on removable media. I AM the removable media! (Is removable media part of your firewall?)<br>
Okay, so I'm entrenched.... I wouldn't do that.<br>
A firewall isn't an effective firewall unless there is ABSOLUTE control over the top and under the BOTTOM.<br>
There can be no security until we can control the bottom.

You are entrenched, and that is good for your company, but you are absolutely right! Not everyone in your company is likely to be so, and that means the bottom could drop out at any time. How can the bottom ever be secure then? Well, in reality it cannot, because even if protocols are changed on the dime daily, those who change those protocols are also potential bottom dwellers. In short, the bottom cannot be totally controlled, and thus there will never be perfect security. As my wife says...just keep your eyes on MY bottom all the time and you'll be ok! :) More or less....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back