Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Gateway Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2003
US
I am not proficient in Secure Gateway (nor much else). I received an estimate of 80 hours at $95/hr to configure it. This is for a 20 user set up connecting to a single server.

Is this resonable or am I getting smoke blown up my kilt?

Gary2

You are getting screwed over.
An experienced citrix consultant can do it in a few hours if:

- The CSG/WI server has an OS up and running, ready for installation.
- The firewall has been prepared for the ports needed.
- A certificate has allready been puchased, and is in house, ready to install.

If any of the above is not present, it could end up to 1 day, worst case 2, but 10 is a complete ripp off.

Keep in mind that a full blown citrix consultant, could cost easily up to 200$ an hour (here in europe at least)

Stefan

80 hours is way out of line in my opinion. I built an entier infrastructure in less time than that, including an in-house CA. From 0 to working was about 20 hours, and that was at a slow pace.

Plus $7600 seems a little steep for a CSG setup. I would get a second quote.

I'm going to say that it depends on how much prepatory work is required before he actually loads and configures CSG. Does he have to assemble a server? load an OS on it? submit a request for a digital cert? configure a firewall for access? CSG servers do not operate in a vaccuum. If the server is all prepped, he should be able to load the cert and CSG and config it in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back