Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure file transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molenski

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
DE
Hi there, I don't know if this is the right forum for this but here goes...

Server A (2k8) is one side of the firewall and server B the other - my job is to find a way of sending files from A to B in 10 second intervals (only the changed files) and for this to be secure if possible.

I created a very simple batch file which uses robocopy and the 'sleep' option and sleeps for 10 secs. By default it seems that robocopy only copies across new files - I then thought, an IPSec tunnel would be great - traffic would be encrypted - everybody is happy. Apparently not [sad] ! This has something to do with the IPSec tunnel not being correct or any traffic being passed through it.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could do here? If I use IIS/FTP 7.5 with 2k8 I could maybe manage this with FTPS I think but I don't know how to script this to run every 10 seconds and even if FTPS is secure enough. Could this be scripted with the Windows task scheduler?

Any applications around that can do this for me that anybody knows of? Simple to use???

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back