Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure Connect Installation / Usage Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahascher

Programmer
Nov 25, 2009
DE
Hi all!

I try to 'install' Secure Connect so that my Java application can communicate securely with the Livelink server. Doing so, some questions did arise recently:

- Does the Secure Connect installer do anything else than unzip the libraries (dll + jar) and some certificates to a certain directory? (I assume not)
- If not, it should be sufficient to import the llssl.jar into my Java app, right?

Grabbbing the certificate from IE did work, but once I try to execute the following code, I get an error:

---
LLValue config = new LLValue().setAssoc();

config.add("HTTPS", LLValue.LL_TRUE);
config.add("LivelinkCGI", "/livelink/livelink.exe");
config.add("HTTPUserName", "myUser");
config.add("HTTPPassword", "myPass");
config.add("VerifyServer", LLValue.LL_TRUE);

LLValue rootCACertsList = new LLValue();
LLSession.GetCARootCerts("D:\\TMP\\transfer\\Livelink\\secureTest", rootCACertsList);
config.add("CARootCerts", rootCACertsList);

session = new LLSession(Server, Port, DFT, "myUser", "myPass", config);

doc = new LAPI_DOCUMENTS(session);

LLValue retVal = new LLValue().setAssoc();
doc.GetServerInfo(retVal);
---

The connection values are all ok, port is open. The last line (doc.GetServerInfo(retVal)) gives me the following error:

"Could not create socket output stream. Certificate unknown"

The funny thing is, it does not matter if there is a certificate at the location or not, it always throws the same error.

Does anyone have a clue or hint on what goes wrong and how to solve that?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Andi

I have not worked with that product but I will say this just check the livelink server so that it has a https address and get the right port if not 443.also in java coding you are supposed to add the certificate to the java store.When I need to connect to a SSL LDAP form my java code I usually does this
Code:
Go to the jre/ bin/
   keytool -import -file <path of file I received> -keystore jssecerts

after that in my program I do things like these referencing that certificate form the jssecerts.
Code:
Hashtable env = new Hashtable(11);
	env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, 
	    "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
	env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://blah.na.blah.net:636");
	String keystore = "C:\\Program Files\\Java6\\jre\\bin\\jssecacerts";
	System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",keystore);

I think taht is probably standard protocol and I am not sure if the secure connect product does that way or not.

If you figure it out pls post a solution for other users including me.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

To check my HTTPS connection, I used the TestConnect utility by OpenText. The result is, that the connection failed with a message that says
"Encryption not available with this version. Could not load LLSSL library"

For me, this looks like there is something missing on my system, although I installed Secure Connect 9.6 (also tried 9.7) and although I added the directory which includes the LLSSL.dll to the system PATH.

A dependancy tool says that LLSSL has all referenced DLLs at hand. But in my opinion, the TestConnect util does not even come to that point.

Do I need to install something else for using SSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back