Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

secure client verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birmingham

Technical User
May 12, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am trying to configure secure client verification with secure client.

The only thing i am trying to do at the moment is check a registry setting to see if their anti virus pattern file is up to date but i keep getting clients configuration is not verified. Does anyone have any experience of using the registry monitor feature of secure client with .scv files. Can someone send me an example of a script they have done so i can compare it against mine. Ive tried following the one in the remote access guide in the vpn document but getting nowhere fast.

Thanks

Here is my example of a working RegMonitor check. I am checking two difference versions of Trend OfficeScan. I check for the version, the pattern version and the engine version.

If you have only one type of AV to check, you can use the AntiVirusMonitor check (McAfee, Trend or Norton). Hope this helps!

-x-x-x-
)
)
: (RegMonitor
:type (plugin)
:parameters (
:begin_or (or1)
:begin_and (1)
:string ("Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\ProgramVer=5.58")
:string ("Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\EngineZipVer>=7.100")
:value ("Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\PatternVer>=195300")
:end (1)
:begin_and (2)
:string ("Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\ProgramVer=6.5")
:string ("Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\EngineZipVer>=7.10.1003")
:value ("Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\InternalPatternVer>=195100")
:end (2)
:end (or1)
:begin_admin (admin)
:send_log (alert)
:mismatchmessage ("ERROR: Trend AntiVirus Out Of Date\n\n Click OK")
:end (admin)
)
)
-x-x-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back