Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secure a DI-524 Router used as WAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksa

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
I've configured a wireless access point in an existing wired network using a DI-524 wireless router. I have DHCP disabled on the DI-524 and am using a Linksys RT31P2 for the wired network. Everything works except being able to secure the WAP. When I go to configure the DI-524 and try to enable security and add a key....nothing happens. Does anybody know if there is another setting in the DI-524 that needs to be changed before enabling security?....or is this only available with the WAN side of the router configured? Any help would be appreciated.

No you should be able to configure it no problem. Does the page just hang? I you could post a little more detail on your issue we can help.

Thanks for the response. Any settings changed on any of the configuration menus inside the router will "auto" reboot the router the way they should to save settings. When trying to set the wireless security menu with the WEP key etc., when I click on the apply button nothing happens (a dotted square appears around the apply button and "done" appears in the progress bar). If I hover the mouse over the apply button I can see in the bottom left corner of the window: "Javascript:send_request()". If I don't change any of the security settings at all and click apply, it automatically saves settings and reboots the router. The only settings I'm trying to change are:

1.)enable security
2.)SSID-my network
3.)security-WEP
4.)enter the hex key

Everything else is left as is or is autopopulated.

I have another DI-524 here that I haven't tried to hook up yet to see if it does the same thing...I might try that later this evening.

SSID has a space in it as YOU say try it without one, also insure the SSID is not hidden at first..

hope this helps

Stand up wherever you are, go to the nearest window and yell as loud as you can, 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore.'

Hey, I had the same problem. Works in IE for me, but no other browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back