Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section Expert - Suppression Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krusher

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2003
US
This has been on ongoing problem for me. It seems as if I can't have more than one condition statement when suppressing a Section in the formula field:

isnull({EMPLOYEE.EMAIL}) or
EMPLOYEE.EMAIL = "OFFSITE ADDRESS"

The section is only being suppressed if the first condition is met (isnull). I am using Crystal Reports 10 with Oracle 9i. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-K

It allows for 2 conditions, and your syntax is fine.

Try this:

isnull({EMPLOYEE.EMAIL})
or
1 <> 0

Everything is now suppressed, correct?

So the second condition is honored.

I'd guess that you've mispelled something or the case is lowercase or mixed.

-k

I noticed that you did not put brackets around the second EMPLOYEE.EMAIL field. Also try to trim() and uppcase() this field.

isnull({EMPLOYEE.EMAIL}) or
uppercase(trim({EMPLOYEE.EMAIL})) = "OFFSITE ADDRESS"

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Is "OFFSITE ADDRESS" just part of the field you are testing? If so, you'd need something like
Code:
"OFFSITE ADDRESS" in EMPLOYEE.EMAIL
If a test is failing, put it as a separate formula field, which should return True or False. Add a test detail line below your data and see what you get.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back