Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary Site/MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

coulters

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
I have a delimna. Here's what I'm trying to do and it's not working like I want. I have set up a Secondary Site as a MP and have it reporting back to a Primary Site. The clients I want to assign to the Secondary Site are giving an error "failed to assign site" when I type in the site code for the Secondary Site. I have IP ranges in the Site Boundaries and Roaming Boundaries on the Secondary Site. The client's IP is in these ranges. If I do a "discover site" on the client, it finds the Primary Site. Shouldn't it find the Secondary? What am I missing?

SMS advanced clients do not assign to secondary sites, only primary sites :-D

If you want the throttle some of the info to and from the secondary from the clients create a Proxy Management point and throttle the the through-put of the client info back to the primary in a schedule that works for you.

After I wrote this, I found the info the clients only belong to Primary sites. I have a PMP on the Secondary, but the clients are not seeing it. They are still going to the Primary as the default MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back