Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Secondary Mail Server recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptl

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
US
Our Web Hosting company provides a secondary mail server that keeps our mail and the only way to retrieve the messages is with a mail client.
We're running Exchange 2003. Can any recommend a solution that I can implement at a secondary location, that will queue up our mail in case our primary connection or server ever goes down? Then opnce the primary server comes back, it will push it out or we can pull it down.
We're a small company so a secondary Exchange server is out of the question for now.
We have a 2nd site with a seperate connection that we can utilize.

Your ISP should be able to configure the secondary mail server to push emails to you when the server comes back on line. I know lots of companies / ISPs who do this. Should cost negligible money to do it. Talk to them.

I talked to them and they don't. They'll allow us to install a server at their location.
Do you know of a software pacckage I could use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back