Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

secondary index 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydm

Programmer
Jul 12, 2004
US
I have not been using secondary indecies in the past, so this is new to me. I have a form on PDox v9 that I think displays a "Table View". I would like to view the table using a secondary index. How do I set this option? This is probably a stupid question, but I've been looking around and can't find anything to specify the secondary index.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I believe you use switchIndex() and then forceRefresh(). It's been a while since I've done it but I might be able to dig up some code.

Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

Langley,

Thank you very much for the fast and accurate response. I added the 2 instructions in the open method for the table view, and it works great.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Langley,

I also wanted to mention that I love your slogan at the end of your messages. It took me a little while to get it, but it is very amuzing.

No problem, glad it worked. Yeah, I stole that tag line from one of those lists that makes the rounds through email now and then. :)

Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

This can also be easily done without adding code. With your form in edit mode select Format->Filter and select the Order By check box and select the secondary index you want to use. If you are using linked tables you can set your link in the datamodel to the secondary index and the linked table will be in the order of the secondary index.

Hope this helps.
Perrin

Kliot,

Thanks for the additional information. It's always good to have alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back