Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second T1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
Have a customer with a MICS 6.1 T1-PRI, he wants to put a second T1 in but have different call id out. I think from what I read the Norstar can only have 1 PRI but can I put a second T1 non PRI. And will it work like a seperate unit?
The other answer I have is to put analog trunk cards in.
Any help apreciated....

it can have 2 PRIs or 2 T1s
Do you want to route different dialed digits over different PRIs?

It has three PRI's A,B,C,D trunk groups and you can put the DTI cards in two places on MICS1 and 2 "off core" places, specifically slot 1 in a 12X0 connected Via fiber MOD 03-08. It Nulls out the slot 2 and 3 for each of the 12X0 trunk mods configured this way. I think you can have 3 active at once but not four...but maybe only two, I'll have to check unless someone else knows for sure. One PRI enabler should run all the PRI's in the switch. The PRI trunk groups all show up at once one the key codes are entered.

Yes, you can have one PRI T1 and one E&M T1. Depends on how you program it as to whether it acts as a separate bunch of lines or not. If you want it separate use a different pool group.

From the other posts it looks to me that I can add a second PRI and make it PRI Pool B. Am I correct in assuming this, please let me know because I am moving forward with this plan.
Thanks for your help....

Yes you can just make sure that if you are using the same carrier that they don't make it part of the first one. Each of the PRI D-Channels in the MICS will be Primary.

You can have 3 pri's in Norstar 6.0 PRI-A PRI-B PRI-C.
Main problem is that outgoing caller line ID will always be the same on all three spans unless your carrier can override CLID coming from Norstar. The access code for each PRI must be unique IE... 91 for PI-A, 92 for PRI-B, 93 for PRI-C if you are using 3 digit DN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back