Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second Mail Terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colmgo

MIS
Dec 15, 2003
GB
Hi Everyone, just wondering is it possible to have two terminals attached to meridian Mail, (opt 61c) (Mmail 13).
One for monitor and one connected to remote admin box...
Thanks
C

not without an a/b box. the mail has a single i/o and if adding a second card is possible, i've never seen it.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

IS possible, but you have to get some diodes and make your own cable connectors.

I'll try to draw a diode ( |< ) or ( >| ) here to identify the cathode (line or what the "arrow" points to) .

Term A pin2 ( |< ) to MMail pin2 to ( >| ) Term B pin2
Term A pin3 ( >| ) to MMail pin3 to ( |< ) Term B pin3
Term A pin7 connect to MMail pin7 and Term B pin7

connect 4,5,6,8,and 20 on EACH of the 3 cables.

A standard "bridging" diode will work, I think I used a 1N1763 or it's equivalent.

Voila'

i've seen some attempts to do that and it can work with the switch, with the mail and it's lovely screen paint, it works for a few times and locks the port, requiring reboot. i would put it on a pc, and allow pc anywhere and procom solve that problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I've had it working here for the last 5+ years, no problem whatsoever.

that doesn't surprise me, if it's done right it could work, but i wouldn't do it for a sub. nortel would not support it and doing it would be easier with software

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back