Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second DN not Forwarding to VM 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyBravo1

Technical User
Jan 23, 2006
US
Any help would be appreciated. I cannot seem to forward the second DN on the 2008 to the same voice mail box as the primary DN. I'm working with an Option 11C. Meridian mail has mailbox 4092 setup and 4086 is an ext. DN on it. It forwards B/NA, but when it goes to VM, it goes to 4086. Any ideas?

DATE
PAGE
DES
DES 4091
TN 014 0 00 02
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 2599
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 6
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW 1234
CLS CTD FBA WTD LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NIA OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDA CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXD ARHA FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTD ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRA ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
BFTN 013 0 00 08
HUNT 2599
LHK 1
LPK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4092 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Nurse St.
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 4086 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Nurse St.
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 MWK 2599
03 AO6
04 RNP
05 CFW 4
DATE 24 JAN 2006

4086 doesn't exist in MerMail. What I meant was that it trys to forward, but then realizes a mailbox doesn't exist. I've out'ed the TN and re-created it from one that works. It looks about the same to me:

DATE
PAGE
DES
DES 4091
TN 009 0 00 03
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 2599
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 6
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW 1234
CLS CTD FBA WTD LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NIA OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDA CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXD ARHA FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTD ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRA ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 2599
LHK 1
LPK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4089 0
CPND
NAME Nurses Station Rm 259
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 4091 0 MARP
02 TRN
03 PRK
04 RNP
05 CFW 4 4090
DATE 24 SEP 2003

Make sure 4086 is not built as a vsdn that is overiding the mailbox. Delete it as an extension dn in mailbox 4092 save and then re-add it as an extension dn. or delte mailbox 4092 and rebuild with 4086 as an extension dn. if it's going to mail then i would say the programming on the phone is correct and it is a problem in mail.

Not sure what vsdn is, but I removed it and added it again. I also deleted 4092 and re-created it. Same problem. I've also tried changing the second DN to a different ext. I'm also not sure what is meant key "Adding key 1 as a member of key 0 mailbox".

call pilot or mermail, go to the mailbox for the dn on key 0, add the dn on key 1 as a secondary dn. that tells the voice mail which mailbox to use.. also make sure that marp is turned on in your switch,, might try cls sfa, shouldn't be needed but i've seen it solve that problem.. if marp is on, i would check my patch level.. taking a station out and putting it back in has never fixed a problem in my switchroom.. it sets the cls back to default, but so does the right echg

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John,

I've read in your previous posts about cls sfa. That is already allowed. I'm using MerMail Release 12. There is a field for primay dn and extension dn. That's it. I've set the extension dn to the dn that key 1 is. This is how the other set is working that I copied it from. I have been questioning the marp though. When I build the set, it just advances past the marp and on to the cpnd. It doesn't give me an option to enter anything.

if the dn only appears on that set then the switch marps it, you can't pick no..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

drawing a blank on the prompt that turns on mail.. ld 21 prt rdb, then search for marp.. i want to say rdr data but i don't have the merl on this laptop.. that problem would make sense if marp is not on

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

So are you thinking it may be an issue with the switch, maybe a patch?

could be, if marp is on switch wide. reprogran key 0 and key 1, swap them, (temp) and then make the call.. see if the problem moves to the new key 1

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Check the mailbox and make sure the secondary number is an extension DN in the mailbox.

Is it not forwarding to mail? or is mail answering saying that the person does not subscribe to voicemail.

The secondary number is an extension DN in the mailbox.
Mail is answering saying that the person does not subscribe to voice mail (Secondard number is diplayed).

John,
I've already tried a different ext. for key 1 and it still did the same thing. Is that what you were looking for?

If it is getting to mail, and the secondary DN is on the mailbox as an extension DN on the mailbox, and mail is saying the person does not subscribe to voicemail, I would call the vendor and find out why. It sounds like there is something a bit more serious wrong.

Although it sounds like it is configured correctly, have you tried putting the secondary DN in the VSDN table and using EM to get it to the right mailbox? Does that work?

If I put the secondary DN in the VSDN table and use EM, it works, but only with a forward always condition, not B/NA. It's a tempory work around though.

I would call the vendor to investigate; everything appears correct in the programming on the phone; There is some reason it isn't finding the extension DN on the mailbox in the mail.

i would agree with that, to bad i'm not closer, maybe my boss would send me out..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back