Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Second Chance promotion for MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftertaf

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2004
EU
until may 31st, in France at least, if you reserve an exam and fail, you get a second chance to pass for free, via a coupon...
check with your test centres if you are passing some soon

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

Just got a postcard about the offer here in the U.S. too.

aftertaf,

Thanks for posting the information. Microsoft does offer this from time to time, and I was able to pass one of my MCSA exams last summer thanks to the free second shot promotion.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Unfortunatly, if you are using a Prometric exam voucher to pay for your exams the Second Shot code is not valid.

I have just booked an exam and was told that i could only use the Second Shot code i have if i paid by credit card.

It would be good if somebody out there was able to tell me this isnt the case.

stephen3rd,

I don't know if this applies to you, specifically, but it sounds like it does.

Q: How many free exams can I receive?

A: If you register for the Second Shot eligibility, you are entitled to retake any exam that you took and failed during the eligibility period (March 1–May 31, 2005).

Wishdiak

Wishdiak,

Thanks for the link.

I tried to give the second shot code i have when i booked my first exam. It looks like if i fail (Touch wood i dont) when i call to book the retake, rather than offer any payment i should say i am participating in the second shot promotion.

Not quite so much pressure now.

stephen3rd,

Yeah, that's the idea: it's a safety net. I had taken advantage of a similar free retake offer last fall.

Originally, I'd used a voucher to book the exam. Since I didn't pass it the first time, I was able to schedule the exam with a "second shot" exam voucher and passed it on the second try.

Wishdiak

Dont need a second shot....

Just passed 70-270 with 783

On to 70-290..

I also used the second shot last time around.

This is a much better deal though. It's valid on all MCP tests (the last one was only good on windows 2003 core exams). And if you are going more than one test you can use the second shot more than once.

Taking 70-229 tomorrow afternoon. Man I hope I pass. But it's nice to know I've got a free retake if I don't. (Last one for my MCDBA).

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(My very old site)

They got my business.  Of course I'm studing to pass, but this gives me the confidence to sign up because if I don't pass then no big deal.  Besides I have never taken any MCSA test so this would allow me to get a feel for Microsofts stile.  Also, I've heard that the 290 test tends to bite people on the ass because they are overconfident going into it.  Then they find out this is one of the harder tests because of the wide range of materials.

And who knows If I do pass the 290 and don't use my 2nd chance I may be able to knock out the 291 before May 31st.  

Denny,

Best of luck for this afternoon mate,
let us know pdq how you do.....

got my fingers crossed (not literally, keyboard probs otherwise!!)

brichr,

good luck too....
didn't take that track myself... 2000 first then upgraded!

Aftertaf

"Solutions are not the answer." - Richard Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back