Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SECC Routing - Could someone explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgrignon

MIS
Feb 18, 2005
US
I am reworking some older existing call center setups on Symposium Express and came across something that seems puzzling to me. I am hoping someone could shed some light on it for me.

800 Number -> DNIS 5399
CDN5200 -> DFDN 5399 (aquired by SECC)
CDN5201 -> DFDN 5399 (aquired by SECC)
ACDN5399

We have an 800 number that has a DNIS number (5399) attached to it.
This DNIS number correspond to an ACDN (5399) on the switch.

Sympossium Routing is doing strictly CDN routing and the call group in question has two CDNS (5200 and 5201) with the DFDN of each being the DNIS on the 800 number.

Here comes the puzzling part for me.

If I call the ACDN directly, Sympossium treats it as an ACD call (no skillset attached) If I call the 800 number, the appropriate skillset is presented.

How is this happening? I always thought that if CDN routing was defined that the only way symposium could grab that call was if it came via a CDN. If the 800 number has a DNIS that is not an aquired CDN, how is it picking up the call?

Thanks,

Rob

If I'm understanding your post the answer is: Symposium doesn't grab the call when you go straight to the ACDN. It is being routed by the switch in the manner it would if Symposium were down. Does that make sense?

Yes, that seems to be whats hapening but only when the I dial the ACDN from an internal line, if I call the 800 number, it routes fine.

The reason for this is because I am placing a voice service infront of the CDN to set up an auto attendant, and I am trying to figure out where the 800 number is getting picked up from so I can reroute it to the voice services number.

Rob

I don't know how your voice services are set up but we do a similar thing here for some customers (front end a call to IVR, then transfer back out to the call center if required). We grab the call in the Master script and send it to the ACD we have set up for the IVR machines.

IF (DNIS=800VOICEIVR) THEN ROUTE CALL 1234
END IF

Check for IDC translation in your PBX (LD 49). You may find that 5399 is translated to one of your CDNs, 5200 or 5201.

That was the missing bit of information that I was looking for.

There was a table setup in ld49.

Thank you...

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back