Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SEB II

Status
Not open for further replies.

drichter12

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
US
I am trying to replace a dead SEB II on our CS1000 but have no idea what happened to the manual. Does anyone by chance have a digital copy of the manual they could share or details on getting access to the unit to program it?

Thanks,

Dale

did you try the manufactor's website for Doc pdf download?

Mato' Was'aka

Yes, I was unable to find the documentation there.

Dale

Yeah... I'm hoping so. I sent them a request about an hour or so ago....

Dale

Well, maybe I'll switch over to a DataLink buffer box instead. Teltronics response was "Programming an SEB-II requires a proprietary application (IRISnGEN). Teltronics Customer Support offers professional services SEB-II database programming for a $250 flat fee."

Dale

Yup. You gotta have IRIS to get this programmed. Prior to this, Teltronics used to ship a dos based program with the SEB (I'm talking 10 - 15 years ago) that you could load the SEB.

It's like the Holy Grail of telecom software. There are even other monitoring packages that require the SEBs to be programmed and they just contract someone with IRIS to program the modems.

I know what you mean about it being the Holy Grail. For the longest time I tried to find anyone with a copy of the software. A few years ago I stumbled upon a dust covered 3.5" floppy that almost went into the dumpster. I loaded the DOS based SEB manager and experimented a bit. Now I program my own SEBs. Though I can't yet reprogram it via the modem, I can do it with a direct serial connection through my PC's COM port.

Make a copy. We are actually in the process of getting the IRIS server installed and won't have to deal with someone charging. Teltronics has come down because 3-4 years ago they told us it was $600.00 to program a modem.

Great on the discovery.

We moved to the ION modems for remote access of our switches and servers. Easy to configure and IP access.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Check with your PBX vendor. We do our own SEB programming for our customers.

Teltronics wants $$$ for training, etc... you're only gonna find sales collaterals on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back