Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

searchmiracle #$%$% pop-ups ! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatamez

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
MX
I am tired of watching these stupid pop-ups from ads1.searchmiracle.com, pissed off!
3 or 4 everytime I turn my computer on.
and also I have something called Elite Searchbar making my nerves go super high.
and the norton antivirus, you know, you scan the damn computer and when you click "repair" it says it can not be reparied, even if you are in safe mode.

Please guys, I know you can help me, as you have always done.
Thank you so much, and I'm waiting for your answer.

Go through the steps in the following faq and see how you go. If you still have any meanies this arsenal didn't kill, let us know. You would do well to download and keep some of these applications updated and do weekly or monthly scans.

faq608-4650

Daniel.

In addition you can always add certain sites to your hosts file and point them back to your system.

This is a, rather large, hosts file that will point several known malware sites back to your system...preventing the pages from ever being found or opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back