Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching mechanism not working on web database

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunacol

Programmer
Jan 29, 2001
GB
I have a web enabled MS Access 2010 database which says it has no web copmpaitibility issues...

However, I have a search form with unbound text boxes and a list box which uses a query behind the list box to bring up the field names typed into the unbound fields by referencing them. Works great until I try to upload to web version and the query will not upload. If I take out the reference to the unbound text fields it does upload. However, then I dont have a search meachanism anymore!

Does anyone know how I can reference my unbound text boxes so that the web version accepts the upload of my query? Or perhaps there is another way to search on web version that works better? Many thanks

Yes I do! I found a great link but I cant find it again so will try to explain.

You need to create a continuous form (make sure it is a web form) on the top creat a text box (lets call this txtSearch) now ctreate a search butto and on the 'on click' of the button put the following embedded macro which uses a filter on your continuous form. I am using it on my surname field in the continuous form. Hope this works for you!

SetLocalVar
Name: strSearch
Expression: [txtSearch] & "*"

SetFilter
Where condition: [surname] like [LocalVars]![strSearch]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back