Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching for "Failed'' message in Pre-Flight Check Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexChao

Technical User
May 16, 2003
SG

Preflight check log is created daily using the Windows 2003 scheduler.

The trouble is that we have to manually check for any failed message in the log. Does anyone know how to automate the checking ?

Does anyone has a NT Shell script that could search for the word 'failed'in the log" ? If found, then automatically do a 'Net Send'to several Administrator's desktop to alert that there is a problem.

I think you're in the wrong forum.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Common sense is not so common anymore

Use ARCserve's Generic job schedular wizard to do the PFC, rather than Windows Task Schedular, and it will do exactly what you want it to do. This is how the PFC is meant to be run.

Hi vschumpy, how does the ARCserve Generic job scheduler indicates error or normal (no error) conditions in the job log ?

IIRC it should return the exit code - you can set an alert action based on the exit code I believe. It touches on this briefly in the admin guide on the CD.

For an explanation of exit codes look under cabatch in the admin guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back