Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching for PDF creator under Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeunMeijer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2005
NL
Hi all!

I am searching for a PDF document creator to run under Citrix Metaframe XP. Some users had the 'PDF Mailer' tool locally installed which creates a PDF document from any type of printable document. This tool uses a (freeware) PDF-Mailer 'printer' which creates as output a PDF document.

We are now introducing thin clients at our company so the use of this PDF mailer tool is deerly missed by our beloved users.

Does anyone have a decent and stabile alternative to use within Citrix?

Thnx!

Teun Meijer
Network Administrator
Vita Interfoam B.V.

Just wondering if you tried to install the 'PDF Mailer' tool on the Citrix server itself?

Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

Uhm...no. Not yet. I wondered if there was another network administrator with more sense for adventure than me, who has installed the pdf-mailer and is still alive... ;-)

Just kidding. After a long time of instability of our Citrix farm and finally overcome these problems i'm not very keen on instability by installing 'inferior' freeware. So i'm very curious for other administrator's experiences.

Greetz,
Teun

I hate to say this but, supposedly, Adobe Writer works great in Presentation Server 4. Just too many 'work-arounds' in XP! I'm in the beginning stages of migrating to PS4 now- I'll let you know. My users really prefer Adobe...

Good Luck!
Brandon

We Software602's PDFServer product. We've used it for a year with no problems.

What version of Citrix are you guys running this software on...?

lb63640????
rjs????

Thanks!

Hi there

To add my bit... I also use PDF995 and generally works well. Occaisionally get a problem if two people use it at the same time they might see the others documents. We had one disaster with our HR dept sending a letter out.

On the whole I would say its 99% OK but you have to licence it properly or you get the IE Pop ups.

Regards ACO

What is everyone using for PDFs in Ver PS3 or PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back