Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching Folder of reports to see where a field is being used

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCL2007

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2007
US
Hello,
My Software provider is making some significant changes to one of the tables in our Oracle database. I would like to search a folder containing hundreds of Crystal Reports and have it return which reports use the table that we are concerned with. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks.

You would have to write code using the Crystal SDK in order to get this information. You can use either the .NET or the Java SDK. If you'd like a sample of how to get to this information, go to my website - - and look for "Code for CrystalDocumenter Application". This works on only one report and does a lot more than you're looking for, but it will give you a starting point for how to get to this.

If you don't have the available resources to write a program, there may be a third-party tool available to get the info for you. Go to for a good list of what's available.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back