Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

searching bcm 50 hard disk image

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamobile

Technical User
Nov 28, 2010
CA
I buy ''used'' bcm50 r1 and i am trying to access to avaya web site , i have open accompte, but a need ''sold to number'' for accessing at this image file,and other update for my bcm, for the moment my bcm running very well , but i wish have this image when my hard disk fail ...i thing that the hard disk live is an average of 4 years and after it isn t very safe...

i don t parther of nortel/avaya , only end user...

if someone know how i'll can access at that let me know thankyou

sorry for ma bad english i m from Montreal

Yvan

thank mr!firebirdscrambler

i see ur zip file last week , it is very oki , the only problem is , the access to avaya download web site, i have open web accompte everything is oki for that ..but when a click on image file , i can not access causing by ''sold to number missing''
then my bcm 50 r1 it is a second hand buy and a don t have any original sold to number from avaya nortel...

i don t know or where..how ti get image and update patch ... for now ,my bcm still running , but a prefere backing up for futur

sorry for my bad english i am french canadian

thank a lot again for ur reply

Yvan

I think what firebird saying is, it would be best to take your own HD out of the BCM50 and take an image from that. Put that image on a new HD and you are good to go.

You will not be able to download any Avaya software unless you have a serivce contract with them or are a vendor.

If Datamobile takes his used 50r1 and backs up the image, the backup will include any config changes and fixes, so won't be 'out of the factory'...unless he wants to level 2, not worth the risk.

Just a thought...
If anyone has a big enough pipe and truly unlimited broadband, perhaps they can upload the image file to ?

jumbofiles is limited to 1 Gb once logged in, however potentially you could upload one .tib file at a time for datamobile.

My broadband is limited, so I cannot really do this. Otherwise Datamobile you interested if I post a sale up on ebay for a crappy/slow flash drive or a dvd which includes the tib files? I'm not trying to cash in here, just cover costs including postage to canada.

You will of course need to purchase Acronis True Image 2011 Home to backup/recovery tib files.

hi every one! a the end , after many registrations and autorisation for access to avaya nortel , i download images(4)for create new hard disk for my bcmr1... i mist only acronis and everythig shoud be oki ... when it is done i come back for giving my result

thank a lot every body for help

Yvan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back