Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching 100 reports for hard coded values in formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjlarue

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
Due to changes in that database I need some way to look at over a hundred reports to determin if they contain particular hard coded values in the reports. Either in selection criteria or formulas. Many of the reports were created by other developers and many formulas are used in the reports for formatting and running totals. Does anyone know of a utility that could instantiate the report and traverse the objet model for instances of specific values. I am using 8.0 on the servers and have a copy of 8.5 on my development machine. I am using ASP and the RDC to create the reports in my application. Seems like there should be something out there.

Chuck

you might try checking the report miner utilities - they have several which list various aspects of reports and may have something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back