Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searched for wiring diagrams for cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbbikes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have searched AVAYA's website and here and can't seem to come up with a pair count pinout for the cards that have 25 pair cables.

Help

KB

Well, if it's a 412TDL, the 1st 12 pairs are active, if it's an 024TDL, the 1st 24 pairs are active. I don't recall anything else (other than DS-1 cards) coming with amphenols!

Tom, I might be mistaken, but I thought pair 25 was the PFT for line 1.

I've never checked that, however there is a 5th jack where the 4 CO's connect for PFT.

Am I missing something?

I don't recall any Magix modules being equipped with an Amphenol 25 pair connector. You mean Avaya decided to get organized and put something very useful on the equipment...

I could not find anything in the documentation for Magix. Please share your references.

....JIM....

Jim,

The merlin Magix 024TDL and 412TDl both have 25 pair connectors on them. THe newer 100DCD has one as well.

If you are looking for the color-coding for the 25-pair Amphenol connection to a 412TDL or 024TDL module - they are in the Maintenance Manual for a Magix R4 system.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Rmbbikes,

The Magix 412TDL and 024TDL both have 25 pair connectors on them! I havent seen a newer 100DCD yet.
On the Magix 412TDL The first 12 pairs ( white/blue to orange/black ) are digital T/R for 44xx phones. The last pair ( violet/slate ) is CO Line 1 PFT Tip/Ring. I just installed a 412TDL not too long ago.
On the 024TDL the first 24 pairs are digital T/R for 44xx phones, there is no PFT T/R on 024TDL.

Andre

I did finally find the connection table on page 109 (3-25) in the Magix R3.0 Installation manual. It is interesting the line/trunk connections are NOT available via the Amphenol connector on the 412 LD-ID-TDL module with all those unused pairs, but the PFT is!!

The only R4.0 documents I could locate are the Pocket Reference and the R4.0 Supplemental Info. Does anyone have links for the R4.0 Maintenance document? Was one ever published? One is not listed on Avaya's Magix page.

....JIM....

I really do not think it was published.

I recall when R4 came out, all we got at Avaya was a SUPPLEMENT document showing the "ADDITIONAL FEATURES" from R3 to R4.

Just like MLM-007 is a souped up Mer Mail R3.

Not many documents there either....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back