Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search pattern for LOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parahall

Programmer
Jul 4, 2010
IL
Hi Guys,
I need your help with creating some filter/search patter.

I having a LOV that defined like sql from table.(select router_name from XXXXX)
There is like 100000 different routers in Table without any additional keys that could be use for filtering :(

The MaxRowsetRecords that can be defined in boxi is 65535. Therefore if i just bring keys "as is" from table in LOV i will limit it only to 65535 routers.

To solve it i thought about some "predefined filter" like prompt that coming before Router prompt that user can write some pattern and therefore it brings only router`s that match for pattern.
If there any way to define such filter-prompt?

Thanks a lot for help :)

You could use a command to populate the LOV where you add a clause to limit the results, e.g.,

select router
from table
where len(router) < 10

-LB

yeah.
but i need something dynamically that will happened online.
no hard-coded filter, but filter inserted by user in prompt that running report.

For example:

Two prompts:
(Filter and Router)
One filter - User can insert some search pattern. If something inserted in filter therefore it bring all router`s that match for this filter.

The purpose of this all is show to user all 100000 routers and not only 65535 like boxi limitation.

How would a filter return MORE records?

You can add a parameter to the where clause in the command to accomplish this.

-LB

PS. After adding the parameter, e.g., a number parm related to length, to the command in the where clause, set up the parameter for the routers as a dynamic parameter. The user would then be prompted for a number for the length of the router name, and then provided a list of routers that met that criterion to select. In the main report record selection formula, you would set up the router = {?router}.

-LB

all router names have a same length...
i need something like regular expression in search pattern (or part of the world).

The ideal way if it were possible to take a variable from "filter prompt" and run with it an sql for router name
something like
"select router_name from xxxx
where router_name like '%{?filter}%".

but i dosn`t see any way to put parameter from one prompt like parameter in businees view for router lov

I used length as an example only. In the command you could use:

select router_name
from table
where router_name like '%'+'{?filter}'+'%'

This is the first time you have mentioned using a business view, and I don't know what the impact of that is.

-LB

you mean command in Data Foundation of Business View where i create LOV?

I have never worked with Business Views and so can't answer your question. Sorry.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back