Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

search form

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedgely

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
GB
I have a form for data entry into a main table, also i want to include on this form a "search" function where an operator enters a name and is presented with a "pick list" of options. when the operator clicks onto one of the names this name and the correspondong address details are then entered into the relevant fields in the main form. does anyone have any pointers on how i go about doing this?

Craig

hi Craig,

you can use a fieldlist for that. use a textbox or inputbox to type the name, or a part of it and then use the typed in name to query the fieldlist with that name. (where the fieldlist normally displays all the names) for more information and code go to this thread:

How do I let a user search all records for a particular word please?
thread702-650844

regards roltrap.

Thanks roltrap
will try that

Craig

Hi Roltrap
I can get the fieldlist working but how do I now place the record I want from the field list into the main form fields.
Maybe i have not explained myself very well.
I have 2 tables tblMain & tblGPs
TblMain is populated by a user through a series of forms, tblGPs is a list of all the registered GPs in the country. What i want to allow the user to do is type in a GP name, the form would then return a list of GP details (name, address etc)from tblGPs the user could then select the one they are interested in and the details for that GP would then be entered into the form and so into the record in tblMain.
Does this make sense???

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back