Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Form ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorphus

MIS
Nov 29, 2001
US
I am pretty new to Access programming. I have been asked to write a database for my company, for customer information. I have the database part finished and working, but wanted to tweak it a little. Mainly I want the viewing of records to be easier, right now there are only 3 people that can change and the rest can view only. Right now I have the different Reports as a selection off of a swithcboard. Since the switchboard is limited to 8 entries, and I have about 14 different Reports and users are changing switchboards to view all searches. I was wondering if it would be possible to consolidate the searching down to one main form. Also this would allow me to allow the user to search by multiple criteria. The main part that I am wondering about is if the user does not enter information into one of the fields, because does not know information or does not want to search by that field, how would the query handle this and how to set it up. Let me know if I am not clear, or more info is needed. Thanks, Jonathan.

Got a hint have a look at the northwind database at the
form: [Customer Phone List] I apply this idea to program I develop except I have a few more criteria optins such as customers awaiting deliveries, customer deliveries in past 10days, customers deliveries 20day and so on and so on.

This makes it easier to find when the entries get a bit bigger and the bottom buttons do not do the work as there is a few to many record. If you plan on using the buttons you will have to copy across the macro behind them it got the same name as the form.

Hope this helps

Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back