Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search form to populate another form

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksgirl

Programmer
Jul 9, 2002
US
I need help, but am very new to access, so be gentle! Currently I have two forms. The first form is for data entry. It comes up blank and the users are to fill in all the appropriate fields. Two of the fields on this form are called 'Equipment ID' and 'Equipment Description'. The user can either input the ID if they already know it, or do a search of the descriptions to find the one they want. I have a button on this first form that opens up a search form (that is linked to a query). The query is set up to search the 'Equipment Description' field, by prompting the user to type in a word/phrase (for example, *valve*) in the message box that appears on the opening of the second form. This is where I need help.....so far everything works great. The search pulls up all the 'Equipment ID's associated to the description and are shown in the second form, where you can scroll through them until you find the one you need. I need a button (preferably) that the user can click on in the second form, to "select" the 'Equipment ID' they want, and have it populate the first form! I have tried everything I can think of, including have the second form as a subform (which doesn't work because of how the query is setup to do the search), and am extremely frustrated! I know it has to be something simple, but can't find any other posts that might be of some help! Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back