Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

search facility using Dreamweaver mx

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdrysdale

Technical User
Nov 23, 2000
GB
Is there an easy way to create a search facility using Dreamweaver mx where a site viewer can type in a query and get a list of results. Or does this capability reside outside mx. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

I'm pretty sure that DW (even the MX versions) do not have the ability to run queries...
Try Coldfusion, ASP, or even JS for the search engine...this an JS script that I dabbeled in (works great): faq216-1332 I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

If you are searching a database then Dreamweaver Ultradev or MX will allow you to create that utility with ease using your language of choice - .asp, php, Coldfusion etc.

If you want to have the ability to search your site then I would recommend using Coldfusion. The Coldfusion server is expensive but it is the best development language (IMHO - faster development than any other environment and as powerful as Java - I can hear the mob now lol) and the Verity server that is built into CF server works very well for this application. That is to say, it is very easy to set up. Peace
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back