Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search Engine Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidrion

Programmer
Jan 7, 2004
US
I manage <--not much to look at yet I know.

I am currently using PHPMYSearch to search through our database of almost 7000 archived stories. The problem I'm runnning into is that now and then the MySQL server will crash on large searches. It goes down with a pop up message. Referenced memory cannot be read. We have tried several things to resolve this but with no luck. I have finally decided that it must be search software in combination with the MySQL Database. Does anyone know of a better solution. I'd like to stay with PHP and MySQL but would be more than willing to move to another package.

Server INFO
WIN 2000
MySQL 4.0+
PHP 4.3.8

What subrevision of MySQL 4.0 are you using?

It could be a MySQL bug that is fixed in the most current version, 4.0.20.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

As your on windows you could try sqlserver. It's got some natural langauge searchj capabilities these days. (You would have to go to the sqlserver forum for that though).
or a package I've used to great effect is at It costs but is very flexible

ingres. Trying to avoid MSSQL. We produce everything here on Mac. While there are MSSQL clients for Mac I've never heard much good said about them. Also I would like to stay on a platform that I can develop and test on for free.

Got you, just you had loads of windows goodies on your first post !.
Sorry ain't go no mac knowledge. I'm assuming your using php in command line mode then ???????? if not can you clatify your use of php please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back