Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search engine registration through hosting company

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtpgringa

Programmer
May 14, 2002
US
Hi guys....

I joined a web hosting company (Hostmysite.com) and it's taken over 2 months and I'm still not showing up in search engines. I have meta-tags in place, they've assured me that my search engine submission was completed successfully, etc. Is this the usual amount of time it takes to show up? I'm joined as a reseller with them and it's certainly not going to look good for my clients for it to take so long to get noticed in search engines....

If this is an unusually long amount of time, does anyone have any suggestions that I can do on my side, or any companies that are easier to host with?

Thanks in advance!

I suggest just go the various sites and find the link ADD YOUR SITE.

Works for me.

first, it can takes months for you to get indexe in search engines for the first time.
that is not uncommon but common

you're not going to look bad to anyone because that is how it works. Some engines may be faster but I would say the estimated time is 4 weeks all the way to 16 weeks sometimes. ---------------------------------------
{ str = "sleep is good for you. sleep gives you the energy you need to function";
ptr = /sleep/gi;Nstr = str.replace(ptr,"coffee");alert(Nstr); }

there alos is a search engine opt. forum here at Tek-Tips if you are interested in optimizing your listing on engines
forum828 ---------------------------------------
{ str = "sleep is good for you. sleep gives you the energy you need to function";
ptr = /sleep/gi;Nstr = str.replace(ptr,"coffee");alert(Nstr); }

There are rumours that Google only spiders sites 4 times a year, so yes, it could take 16 weeks or more to even get listed....Unless you pay for it!!! That way a lot of search engines will guarantee a listing (not a place!) within a certain time, normally 4-7 days.

It doesn't give ou a place though, visit the Search Engine forums to discover how to do that!

Sincerely,

Simon Hughes
Senior Sales Consultant.
Rixson & Green Ltd.
sales@rixson-green.co.uk

Simon

The rumours you have heard could not be further from the truth.

Google re-spiderers certain part of my site every day, not 4 times a year.

To get noticed by search engines, one of the best ways it to try and get into the Open Directory, then it is simply a matter of time before you return for searches in a high number of engines.
Also, you should place links in various places around the net and wait for google to find them, putting it in your sig line here is a great place to start.

Hope this helps Wullie

- Send your e-mail to santa!! [santa]

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change.
The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Also, one other thing.

Google is not a paid engine, you can't pay to get listed higher or submitted faster.

The only way you can pay to appear is in the sponsored link or adwords.

Hope this helps Wullie

- Send your e-mail to santa!! [santa]

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change.
The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back