Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search engine for site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selaine

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
US
I have absolutely no clue where to start and know virtually nothing about CGI, but wasn't sure what forum to post my question in. I'm wanting to create a search engine for our web site, but have never had one before and am not sure what would be the best approach. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

selaine,

If your site already appears on Google, then that may be the best place to start. They let site owners use their engine in exchange for placing ads on the search result pages. See for details and directions.

If that doesn't work for you, there are a number of free search engines avilable, ranging from the simple to the complex. Here are a few links to start with:

-- NMS offers Simple Search at
-- Perlfect is available at
-- ht://Dig can be obtained from
There are a many, many others available.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

We'd like to be able to search ms word, excell, word perfect, pdf, text, power point and regular html type of docs. What would recommendation be for this type of need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back